Thárros Child & Youth Care Centre in Hankey, Eastern Cape, is a temporary home for babies and children under 12 that have been removed a traumatic or dangerous environments. 10% of all proceeds from Jeffrey’s Bay Adventures goes to Thárros CYCC.
To provide a happy, loving, secure and wholesome home to children who have been removed from traumatic or dangerous environments and wherever possible to support them on their journey towards reunification with their family.
- To nurture children with love and genuineness.
- To protect children by putting their best interest into every step of their journey.
- To be an instrument in children’s emotional and spiritual healing.
- To highlight and develop the skills, talents and abilities of each child.
- To educate children through developmental programmes and sport activities.
- To develop a team of adults who are equipped to nurture children in the spirit of Thárros (or according to the ethos of Thárros).